The program is for someone who has an eye for detail, and wants to learn the finer aspects of interior design. Interior designing is a fast growing professional field with the real estate and construction industry playing a vital role in its growth. Interior Design is a very expressive art and requires designers to be constantly on their feet with ideas and creative inputs. The program in Interior Designing from IDA is focused on creative planning and skilled design of interior spaces.
Course Duration : 1, 2 & 3 Years
- The interdisciplinary module focuses on methodological and technical approach.
- Equips the learner with an understanding of various interior styles.
- Helps the student to understand furnishings and materials and also helps them to get acquainted with the art and science of creating harmony with colours, textures and patterns.
- The 3-year program helps students gain comprehensive knowledge in the field of interior design via the study of various elements of architecture, material sourcing, lighting and decorations, soft furnishings, lifestyle and cultural preferences etc.
- The learners will understand the constantly evolving landscape of interior design by keeping in mind the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics and cultures.
- The program provides students with a platform to fully develop their latent creative skills and express their view.
- The students are encouraged to develop creative, artistic, individual and imaginative approach towards interior design.
- Regular industry interaction with experts and opportunity to participate in exhibitions and workshops helps in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the field.
- Students will develop projects as a part of their final submission.
- Introduction / Significance
- Importance of Furniture Design for Interiors
- Ancient Age / Middle Age / Contemporary
- Research Project
- Free Hand Drawing Lines, Curves, Waves
- Compositions in pencil,Colours and pasting
- 3D compostion: Isometric and Axonometric
- Still life
- Furniture Sketching
- Oject Drawing with color rendering
- Interior elements, Lighting, plants etc
- Colour wheel
- Rendering in ink
- Interior Finishes (B/W and colour)
- Interior rendering and stubbing
- Stained Glass
- Use of Scale
- Solid Geometry
- Introduction for sciography
- Perspective, Axonometric Isometric drawing
- Lifts and escalators
- Acoustics and their application in interiors, water proofing, fire – safet
- Building Components, Basic idea of Construction, Foundation and superstructure. Doors, Windows, Staircase R.C.C., Timber
- False Ceiling, Partitions, Wall Panelling, Comics, Mosaic, Cladding
- Flooring and Wall Cladding
- Responsibility towards society and need of an Interior Designer to better the environment
- Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Responsibility towards client, contractor and supplier.
- Estimation. Professional Fees
- Work of an Interior Designer
- Making of portfolio, JD Annual Design Awards
- The Client Practice, Procedure of execution
- P.E.R.T/ C.P.M. Arbitration
- Final Project Practical Training
- Introduction to concept of ID
- Planning of Interior Space and circulation
- Residential project (Each Room to be dealt with individually, in detail and accordance with the specific requirements.
- Principles of Hotel interiors (Each project to have preliminary study report, Concept stage, Final design and write-up with model.
- Interior Design as a Visual Art
- Elements of Design
- colours, Accessories and their significance
- Project Analysis and Design Development
- Design source
- Interior space and flow chart, A good design
- It is mandatory to complete the final design project which comprises of illustration, research, photo shoot and final show- a separate amount shall be paid
Apply for a quick call back
We have successfully trained more than 7500 Engineers/ professionals from diverse engineering, graphic and management backgrounds. IDA trained students are now working with many small & large companies in India and abroad. We want to develop the “Thinking and smart working Professionals